Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WHAT'S NEXT?

The marriage is dead
There's nothing left
Bitterness and hurt
Are guilty of theft
...Roommates...
Though sharing a bed
No sex for months
The desire is dead
Men are visual
That much is true
But I don't get aroused
When I look at you
Parading around
In sexy lingerie
Used to fill my head
With thoughts of foreplay
But not anymore
That's all in the past
A "marriage" like this
Surely won't last
You stay out late
I really don't care
Are you working late
Or having an affair
No concern of mine
I could really care less
You're nothing to me
But disappointment and stress
...Forgive me Lord...
This just isn't right
I know I'm wrong
But too tired to fight
...Bitterness...
Has stolen my drive
So the marriage is dead
No longer alive
I've given up
The opposite of bliss
Totally focused
On the things I miss
Holding hands
The thrill of romance
No music needed
For a private dance
Buying you gifts
Candy and flowers
Looking in your eyes
Talking for hours
...Those days are gone...
Should you be too
I'll wait on God
To tell me what to do

Cornelius

No comments:

Post a Comment