Thursday, January 28, 2010

KILLING ME...SOFTLY

The love we shared
Has been replaced
It didn't survive
The issues we faced
Problems surfaced
As problems do
My faith was in God
Yours was in you
Unequally yoked
No unified prayers
My eyes on God
Yours on blank stares
I tried to be strong
The years took their toll
Now I question
The fate of my soul
It's hard to fight
Am I giving up too
Will I lose God
The way I've lost you
We drifted apart
One issue at a time
Your faith was stolen
Satan's ultimate crime
I was disappointed
Then anger set in
Now I'm bitter
Will Satan win
The passion is dead
So is intimacy
You may be breathing
But you're dead to me
My heart is hard
I can't even cry
I spend every day
Watching my faith die
Little by little
It chips away
From the things you do
To the things you say
What about the kids
They're hurting too
Despite your condition
They believe in you
I did once too
Now all may be lost
When a marriage fails
Kids pay the cost
Innocent victims
Who don't understand
Are they to believe
This is what God planned
What about their faith
Will the scars heal
Do you care what they think
Do you care how they feel
If it weren't for them
I'd have left long ago
I'm sure deep inside
That's something they know
They're not blind
And it's really hard to miss
Mom and Dad don't hug
Mom and Dad don't kiss
They don't hold hands
Or go out on dates
A family of five
But only four dinner plates
They see it all
They know it's wrong
For us to allow things
To go on this long
They see your sin
But they see mine too
The marriage can't work
If I keep blaming you
We're both at fault
And need to change
Without faith in God
You may think this strange
But lean on me
To avert Satan's theft
My faith is weak
But I have a mustard seed left

Cornelius

No comments:

Post a Comment